Abyssinian Seed Oil
The Crambe abyssinica plant originated in eastern Africa in the Ethiopian Highlands known as Abyssinia, which is where it gets its name from. In more recent years it is also cultivated in the Mediterranean region in southern Europe,
It has a short growing cycle of 90 to 100 days and doesn't require as much water to grow as other plants, making it an environmentally friendly crop to produce.
Why we love Abyssinian Seed Oil and use it all CurlyEllie Intense products:
- It is a natural alternative to synthetic mineral oils often used in manufactured hair care products.
- The seed is coveted for its high levels of cuticle-smoothing erucic acid and is rich in antioxidants and vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, proteins and minerals which all promote healthier hair.
- Plus, Abyssinian oil contains linoleic and linolenic acids, which are important omega fatty acids, responsible for hair growth, maintaining nutrients, cell-communication, skin conditioning, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It's chemically closest to the natural oils produced by our skin, which means it provides the ultimate natural hydration of any oil on the market.
- The fatty acid profile keeps hair hydrated, mending split ends and maintaining and boosting precious shine-inducing moisture-locking cuticles.
if you suffer from a flaky and unhealthy scalp, you will love Abyssinian oil. The high level of erucic acid helps to naturally eradicate any fungus growth on the scalp, which causes dandruff and dry, itchy flakes.
Where you would find it in our collection
- Indulgent Hair Conditioner
- Leave In Conditioner and Styling Cream
- Radiance and Brightening Hair Oil
Leave a comment